Senior Engineer, Well Completion, Drilling
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Well Completion, Drilling
Basic Function and Scope
Implement and oversee well engineering technologies, well construction & work over and abandonment activities. Coordinate the planning, engineering, CWI material management, programming, execution and evaluation of Well Completion design, Well Completion operations, Well Testing operations, Production station metering checks via well test units, Slick-line, Stimulation, Coil Tubing operations, Post drilling Well Integrity management and Well Head maintenance of all wells in line with Company technical, operational and HSE standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Focal point for well integrity documentation, standards, procedures, status, and reports.
- Ensure well integrity compliance with Company COPs (well integrity and well servicing)
- Focal point for well integrity management system (WIMS).
- Supervising completion and activities on the rig including planning and executing activities related to completions onshore gas project.
- Evaluate well designs and advise on the development of cost-effective wells.
- Provide updates (as necessary) to the well delivery teams on failure analysis plans, progress, results, conclusions & recommendations.
- Identifying and mitigate risks in Drilling, Completion and well intervention operations
- Maximizing the team’s performance by building an enabling environment where everyone has the freedom to contribute, challenge and participate.
- Reviewing troubled or underperforming wells and recommending remedial solutions to restore well productivity.
- Working closely with Drilling, Subsurface teams, and vendors in planning and executing work.
- Overseeing completion operations and well intervention logistics (equipment, manpower, materials).
- Also to incorporate well design, completions, drilling performance, new technology applications, multi- discipline studies and project management
- Manage well Delivery, Service, and Maintenance (DSM) using a full well life cycle approach. Provide all aspects of completion engineering from design through the construction and production phases and ultimately, through abandonment. Ensure full well integrity and compliance throughout the life cycle.
- Designs and prepares wellhead casing and cementing programs to meet expected conditions and ensure well integrity.
- Monitor well operating parameters to ensure wells are within the safe operating envelope. Update the operating envelops as well and reservoir conditions change.
- Complete planning, engineering, contract support, procurement support for tangible inventory, and execution of down hole pressure measurements with company owned, memory type, long duration electronic gauges. Ensure tool and accessory maintenance is completed as necessary.
- Complete planning, engineering, and contract support for well servicing operations for work over, slick line, wire line, coiled tubing, stimulation, and fishing.
- Conducts technical reviews and verification of well completion design, prepares a well abandonment program, prepare cost estimates and AFEs for the drilling phase.
- Experience with rig less well intervention design and operations including slick line, wire line, stimulation, and coiled tubing in horizontal wells